Wow I have been putting off writing again, and I know that is awful but with everything being all chaotic and lifey I knew I wouldn’t be able to write a blog without it getting sad. I haven’t played much of anything besides Game of War which continues to absorb an unhealthy amount of my time. However, I have met some extraordinary people that I couldn’t imagine not talking to everyday. With one of the best people I have ever known moving away I definitely feel lost, but since this is not a sad post lets get on with the post for today.
COOKIES I mean not just any cookies but Semi-Sweet/White Chocolate Chip Cookies. I love baking and the only reason I don’t bring it out more is because my waist line doesn’t need the cookie batter. However, I wanted to bake for some special people in my life, so with a new apron, a couple parcel boxes and some baking chips later I was ready to set a date for baking. That date was today 🙂
(This was made as a double recipe) so half everything if you just want to make a normal batch)
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
2) You will need the following
3) Soften butter and put into mixer with granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla then mix
4) Add eggs one at a time mixing after each one
5) In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda
6) SLOWLY (to avoid the flour bomb) mix in flour
7) Add one bag at a time continue to mix of the white chocolate and semi-sweet baking chips
(I had a casualty in the process, spatula you served me well)
8) Using a spoon or however you wish to measure out your cookies, put 12 cookies per pan allowing room for cookies to spread.
9) Put in oven for 9-13 minutes. I usually start at 9 and then add time as needed. Today the oven was agreeable and each batch was done perfectly and evenly at 11 minutes.
10) Let them cool for 1 or 2 minutes before transferring them to cooling sheets. I have stackable ones but instead used them side by side putting paper towels underneath for easy clean up.
11) Once the cookies are done eat and enjoy, I am choosing to ship these cookies off this time and I hope they enjoy them. I learned that if you stick a piece of bread into the bag with the cookies it will keep the cookies softer, so for those receiving cookies in the mail this week that is why.
I know this isn’t the healthiest recipe ever but I love baking. I am sure you can low-cal this down and if I were to be making them for myself I would have used Truvia baking sugar to decrease the sugar content. However, I don’t like to shove healthy versions on people. These cookies are the softest cookies I make and they stay chewy for days (without the assistance of bread)
I am listening to Yiruma and Pentatonix right now for my listening to suggestions.
I am finally watching Doctor Who and DareDevil I love them both
I am lacking in the recipe department, but I do love that I have fresh jalepenos growing in my garden. I do also enjoy the Kikkoman Garlic Ginger Teriyaki sauce. Purchase it and fall in love.
I don’t have any art to show you guys right now, sorry 😦